PDA

View Full Version : "Lead with your story, Mari Ann"

msindependence
05-31-2007, 11:41 PM
My mentor, Dennis Karganilla, tells me to ALWAYS lead with my story!
So, why didn't I do more than just touch on it?

I know... I'm from Texas, and I talk s-o-r-t of -s-l-o-w and I knew I only had 2 minutes! ;-)

I actually thought about going back and redoing it, but then, I'd have to start over, and it's already rather late in the game.

But, for those of you who want to know... here goes:

I'm a wife, mom and entrepreneur all rolled into one. Native Texan through and through, a Christian, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! ;-) My husband and I were high school sweethearts, and we're still sweethearts - many years later. My husband and our sons are all musicians.

My entrepreneurial spirit was somewhat reactionary... At first I succumbed to family and societal pressure, got a degree in computer science, and worked in corporate America for 15 years. Then, when my job was outsourced to India, I finally opened my eyes to what had happened to me (and happens to so many others), and vowed NEVER to return to "the system"

Fulfilling that vow has not been an easy road. We were used to my six-figure salary, and like typical Americans, were totally unprepared for the future! Just living and spending.

I tried marketing some health products through an MLM, but... remember how I told you I'm "nice"... well "nice" is not really good at the 3-foot rule or tricking people into coming to home parties.

So, finally, I decided to put my computer skills to work, and turned to the internet to market. Through my mentor, I've learned how to use web2.0 technologies coupled with my story marketing, and have been meeting with quite a lot of success.

However, my ultimate dream has always been to be a philanthropist, though I didn't really see how it could happen.

Then, I read that Ray Krock, founder of McDonald's was 52 when he cooked his first Mickey D, and it brought that dream back to life.

So, that's why my video has the little voice telling me it to just "go away and never come back", but ultimately, I push the voice aside and declare it CAN be done!

So, hey... actually my video is just wrought with symbolism, like all good literature. And YOU should have picked up on it! (':D')

Seriously, I do ask that you ~~Vote 10 for Mari Ann~~ (http://www.nextinternetmillionaire.com/show.php?id=1265)

JeanCosta
05-31-2007, 11:50 PM
My mentor, Dennis Karganilla, tells me to ALWAYS lead with my story!
So, why didn't I do more than just touch on it?

I know... I'm from Texas, and I talk s-o-r-t of -s-l-o-w and I knew I only had 2 minutes! ;-)

I actually thought about going back and redoing it, but then, I'd have to start over, and it's already rather late in the game.

But, for those of you who want to know... here goes:

I'm a wife, mom and entrepreneur all rolled into one. Native Texan through and through, a Christian, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! ;-) My husband and I were high school sweethearts, and we're still sweethearts - many years later. My husband and our sons are all musicians.

My entrepreneurial spirit was somewhat reactionary... At first I succumbed to family and societal pressure, got a degree in computer science, and worked in corporate America for 15 years. Then, when my job was outsourced to India, I finally opened my eyes to what had happened to me (and happens to so many others), and vowed NEVER to return to "the system"

Fulfilling that vow has not been an easy road. We were used to my six-figure salary, and like typical Americans, were totally unprepared for the future! Just living and spending.

I tried marketing some health products through an MLM, but... remember how I told you I'm "nice"... well "nice" is not really good at the 3-foot rule or tricking people into coming to home parties.

So, finally, I decided to put my computer skills to work, and turned to the internet to market. Through my mentor, I've learned how to use web2.0 technologies coupled with my story marketing, and have been meeting with quite a lot of success.

However, my ultimate dream has always been to be a philanthropist, though I didn't really see how it could happen.

Then, I read that Ray Krock, founder of McDonald's was 52 when he cooked his first Mickey D, it brought that dream back to life.

So, that's why my video has the little voice telling me it to just "go away and never come back", but ultimately, I push the voice aside and declare it CAN be done!

So, hey... actually my video is just wrought with symbolism, like all good literature. And YOU should have picked up on it! javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

Seriously, I do ask that you [ size=5]~~Vote 10 for Mari Ann~~[/size]> (http://www.nextinternetmillionaire.com/show.php?id=1265)

Hi Mari Ann, I voted for ya! =D

If you saw my video -> http://www.nextinternetmillionaire.com/show.php?id=863 I am currently a Software Engineering student at Penn State. Since you were a Computer scientist, what are your thoughts on today's current market? As of late years, Software Engineering has been one of the top 5 jobs out there. With the ever growing demand for software, and everyone is saying that the #1 job is a Software Engineer do you ever see yourself going back? Perhaps now that you have acquired a steady stream of income from your online ventures, would you ever go back to the computer field and do the marketing part time? Let me know your thoughts I am interested to hear them.

msindependence
06-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi Jean! Yes, I did see your video (and I voted for you, too!)

I would ABSOLUTLY NEVER go back to corporate America. I get claustrophobic just THINKING about those cubes.

And I absolutely LOVE being in charge of my own financial future.

My word of warning .... don't get too comfortable because your degree is ranked high. "In demand" Degrees tend to be cyclical, and this can change VERY rapidly.

In my opinion, being an entrepreneur is the only way to go. Of course, you can USE your skills, but don't put your fate in the hands of a company. And, ultimately, marketing is the best skill to know!

That's why I'm in this competition... to get the chance to work with and learn from some of the top marketers around.

thorschrock
06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Great advice! I voted for your video too. America needs more people who are willing to forge out on their own and assume the risks that come with owning a business.

Good luck and have a great day!