PDA

View Full Version : YouTube "Honors"

FemmeFIlmmaker
06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I've had a video clip from one of my documentary films on YouTube for a short period of time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D2lPKbDliY), but never noticed any "Honors."

My NIM videos, though, have been getting "honored" almost every day, and interestingly enough, the most recent video over the past two days has been ranked in the "Most Viewed (This Week) - Howto & DIY - Chinese" and "Most Viewed (Today) - Howto & DIY - Chinese."

Haha! :D

Here are my "Honors" today:

#19 - Most Viewed (Today) - Howto & DIY
#6 - Most Viewed (Today) - Howto & DIY - Chinese
#28 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Howto & DIY - Chinese
#13 - Most Linked (Today) - Howto & DIY

Here's what the "top Chinese searches" page looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/browse?t=t&p=1&s=mp&c=26&l=CN

Not that much different than the regular page.

Anyone else have any "Honors" bestowed upon their videos?

:D
Kathleen

thisandthatalicat
06-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Yes I had honors for most linked to...I think I got on page 2 for my first audition and then most linked to on page 1 for my 2nd video...that was just the first day it came out..afterwards, that was about it.

Cheers,
Alisande

cliff
06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Well, I have not had any Honors on my video, but maybe in time. I don't really know as much as I should about YouTube and need to learn more about how the honors works. Does anyone have a thumbnail overview that they would like to share on that?

Best to all and have a great weekend!

Cliff

jluchuck
06-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I received an "Honors" too. Very cool.

I noticed yours up there too Alisande.

FemmeFIlmmaker
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Cliff,

According to YouTube's Glossary, here is the definition:

"Honors - YouTube tracks many statistics for videos. Honors are automatically granted by the system to videos which rise to the top."

Everyday the honors change. Here's what mine are today for my Round 2 vid:

Honors for This Video:
#25 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Howto & DIY - Chinese
#90 - Most Linked (This Week) - Howto & DIY

I'm not sure how everyone listed their videos when they uploaded them, but it's possible that the "How To" section doesn't have that much competition. Obviously not in the Chinese searches. :wink:

Like you, I don't know that much about YouTube, Cliff. But we all should get to know it a little better if we want to successfully market our products, services, businesses, and causes online. Video will help with that progression.

:D
Kathleen

CarlyT
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey Ladies!

Am I missing something here? I went on to YouTube after reading this post and it said honours 0 on my page. (I then wept :wink: ). When I checked on Jaime's and Alisande's, their's also said 0, on both videos. (By the way, you both have cool videos).
So how do you know when you have got them? Does it say honours on that particular day and then not log for the following day or something?...

Just curious :D

Carly x

thisandthatalicat
06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Does it say honours on that particular day and then not log for the following day or something?...

Yes the honours was for just that day...so I got tons of links on one day and then after that, I guess not enough links to my video to make it to honours the following days...

Cheers,
Alisande