PDA

View Full Version : So When Does the Voting End?

thorschrock
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
The rules say:

The second round will be from June 13th June 27th 2007, and will consist of the top 50 contestants.

The 12 Finalists will be chosen from the top 50 contestants. The 12 Finalists will be notified no later than June 29th, 2007.

Does that mean that voting is done at 12:01 AM on the 27th (just an hour or so from now) or does voting end at midnight on the 27th?

If its midnigt on the 27th that only leaves a two days for the judges to do their thing and select the top 12.
[/quote]

thisandthatalicat
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Does that mean that voting is done at 12:01 AM on the 27th (just an hour or so from now) or does voting end at midnight on the 27th?
I think it is the end of the 27th...when they said auditions end Jun 6th...it ended at 11:59pm on Jun 6th.

If its midnight on the 27th that only leaves a two days for the judges to do their thing and select the top 12.
I'm sure they've tentatively already picked most of the top 12...and that these 2 weeks have been mostly for us top 50 to help get publicity out for the show....and maybe to some extent watching our individual efforts...lets them get 2 weeks worth more insight into those of us they lean towards and further cements their choices.

I'm sure as in any reality show, there are a core group that the producers already had a feeling for and definitely want them on the show...and they let the 2 weeks help them decided on their fringe choices...

I have no doubt the 12 picked will be notified by Jun 29th as per their rules.php

Good luck to all!
Alisande

cliff
06-27-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm sure they've tentatively already picked most of the top 12...and that these 2 weeks have been mostly for us top 50 to help get publicity out for the show....and maybe to some extent watching our individual efforts...lets them get 2 weeks worth more insight into those of us they lean towards and further cements their choices.
Alisande
Yes, I agree. It is a formula after all and they have filled in most of the numbers already. So after the votes are tallied they can plug that in, see the results and then tweak as needed.

Did anybody else get an email yesterday from Joel saying that he was going on vacation? That made me think that the bulk of the decision-making is done.

Best to all in this final day of voting!

Cliff

thorschrock
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
NO, Joel did not notify me of his impending vacation plans. I think Eric is pretty much heading this project up. Every time there has been a question that required an admin, Eric has been there. Eric sent the notification emails and responded when I emailed questions. I think this is his baby and that Joel is the figurehead.

If you think about it it makles sense that he would take a vacation now and be fresh for the taping of the show.

GailG
06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Let's ALL go on vacation - don't you feel like you could kind of use one about now? I say let's meet in Cancun - we'll do some diving, get massages and then go straight to Colorado.

thisandthatalicat
06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
My Husband and I are flying to Vegas this Friday morning, the 29th, for our 11th Anniversary...Woo Hoo!!! We'll be back on Monday.

Cheers,
Alisande

bigmarketing
06-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Alisande
Yes, I agree. It is a formula after all and they have filled in most of the numbers already. So after the votes are tallied they can plug that in, see the results and then tweak as needed.

Did anybody else get an email yesterday from Joel saying that he was going on vacation? That made me think that the bulk of the decision-making is done.

Best to all in this final day of voting!

Cliff

Its pretty much over now. Its not like anybody can do anything special at this point anyways.

cliff
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Its pretty much over now. Its not like anybody can do anything special at this point anyways.

He says...after an 800 vote day yesterday. That was pretty special.

Great run Jason. Just wish you could have made it to the very top!

Cliff

GailG
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes, William Sledd is a peak that even the tallest man cannot reach. How nutty is that?

JulieSamford
06-28-2007, 08:26 AM
My Husband and I are flying to Vegas this Friday morning, the 29th, for our 11th Anniversary...Woo Hoo!!! We'll be back on Monday.

Cheers,
Alisande

Happy Anniversary!!!!! You got married when you were six?!!!